Skip to main content

Taking The first Step...

The tickets were not confirmed, bags were not packed. A lot of shopping was  pending. Overall, it was a messy Saturday morning.

At 1.15 JB told me that I should sit back home as tickets were not confirmed.
Praj told me that we will go to the station and talk it out with TT or someone. With all further reservations in hand we didnot want to miss this train. The TT told us that since it was a e-ticket it was as good as cancelled.

It was almost 3.15 pm and he was not convinced. Praj ran to the other end of the platform and found some other TT. He said he would let us travel on the train but we will have to pay fine. We had to accept this plan.

The train moved and we jumped on the train.It was first ever experience of travelling without ticket. We had to take this risk. The only thought was its better to fail than keep thinking what could have happened.

During the train journey we were informed by the IRCTC that our next ticket from Kolkata to New Jal Paiguri was confirmed.  It felt like the Almighty simply wanted to test our determination for this trek.

Guess, its always most difficult to determine and take first  step... Rest everything falls in place... Cosmically

Popular posts from this blog

कुंडलिका - सावळ-घाट १९ - २० एप्रिल २०१४

एकदा डोंगरात जायची  चटक लागली  की चढाई -उतराई हि नियमित चालूच राहते. तशी आमची ही चढाई -उतराई चालूच होती, परंतु सगळे धोपट मार्गी ट्रेक्स केल्यामुळे काही  विशेष कामगिरी केल्याचे समाधान मिळत नव्हते. म्हणूनच आम्ही अनोख्या  ट्रेकच्या शोधत होतो. कुशलच्या सुपीक डोक्यातून अनेक कल्पना बाहेर पडत होत्या परन्तु उन्हाळ्याचे निमित्त करून आम्ही त्या परतवून लावत होतो.  अखेर एक दिवस, कुशलने ब्रह्मास्त्र काढले आणि सगळे या लाटेवर स्वार झाले. मुळशी जवळ असलेल्या, कुंडलिका नदीचे मूळ शोधण्याच्या उपक्रमात सामील व्हायला आम्ही सगळे उत्सुक होतो.  तसे या वर्षामधले बहुतेक treks घाई-घाईत झालेले असल्यामुळे हा trek तरी थोडा निवांत असावा असे आम्ही ठरविले.  सर्वात प्रथम या भागाची माहिती काढण्याचे काम सुरु झाले. चढाई - उतराई या  पुस्तकामधून बरीच माहिती मिळाली. कुशलने हा trek आधी ३ वेळा केला असल्यामुळे त्याला बऱ्यापैकी माहिती होती.  हा ट्रेक off -beat  असल्यामुळे आम्ही जास्त लोक नको हे ठरवले, तरी हो - ना करतकरत १६ जणाची  team शनिवारी रात्र...

12 Hours in Kolkata

When I was booking my tickets for travelling back home post BMC, I had realized I would be having fourteen hours in Kolkata between two trains. Right then I had decided to make best use of this time, but I hadn’t made any concrete plans. Having been in Kolkata twice before this occasion, almost all the listed tourist spots were done for.  During the Basic Mountaineering Course, I had quick chats with some of the people who were citizens of Kolkata, but nothing fruitful had come up. During the October stay in Kolkata before course, I and Vivek had visited Indian Museum and I hadn’t carried my camera inside for reasons unknown to me. So, I had another visit to the museum on my mind. But this definitely was not a full day activity.  Also, I wanted to spend some time alone, so I actually avoided rescheduling my tickets. On the morning of November 10, 2014, the batch of BMC 304 graduated from Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.The photo session lasted for an hour o...

A day in Yoksum

Prayer Flags in Yoksum Our training in Higher Himalayas came to an end. Our chief instructor - Lakpa Sir told us that they would be sending some people to Yuksom as advance party. The people who usually walk slow were determined to be part of this party thus I was dead sure that they would nominate me to be part of this group. Therefore, on 5th November 2014, at early morning 19 students from BMC 304 & 50 - odd students from AMC - 172 left the base camp and marched towards Dzongri. Me & Piyali The first day's trek was the toughest task as it involved couple of steep climbs and the distance to be covered was 26 kms. Route was chalked as Base Camp at Chowri khang - Bikbari - Dzongri La - Dzongri - Devrali - Phedtang - Tshokha - Bakkhim. All we knew was Base Camp to Dzongri is 13 kms and Dzongri to Bakkhim is 13 kms. With a quick lunch & tea break at Dzongri, we proceeded to Bakkhim. When I and Piyali reached Bakkhim, it was already dark. Rest House at Bak...